Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Warm the weather, Mother, Daddy wants to RIDE!!


Mother Nature, beastie that she is, has been mostly mild through this Winter, so far. Oh a little tantrum here and there, but nothing long lasting or serious. I've only had to break out the snow blower once, so far.

Yesterday was no exception.

It was in the upper 50's when I got home from work, and it was still light outside, so I changed clothes and clicked off a couple of quick miles on the bike.

I intentionally did NOT shift gears when taking the slight grades in our neighborhood, so when I got back there was a bit of that "pasty feeling" in my legs - that feeling that was so prominent when I first took up riding, again, last Fall. Of course it went away after a while - a rather short while, I might add, and I'm sure once I get back to regular riding it will disappear again. It's just a bit disappointing to know that I've fallen so far back in so short a time.

I really need to live somewhere warmer.

Ndinombethe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I need to get my bike out and get going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will retire somewhere - where I can ride 12 months out of the year. that is my life's work, payoff I have decided.

    ReplyDelete

Real people don't spam. Word verification demonstrates you are a real people.