Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Not only that ...

There's a group on Facebook called "Biking the 'Burbs" which ought to hold some interest for bike people, as well.

The casual cyclist, as well as the serious competitor, ought to find, as time goes on, those of kindred spirit habituating the Facebook group. And here, too.

At least I hope so.

As an S.O.B. (Saver of Old Bikes), I plan to list the bikes I have restored to serviceability with the objective of finding them a good home. Sometimes for sale. Sometimes to give or donate. But always with an eye to putting old and previously disused and/or abused bicycles back on the street/road/trail.

Are you thinking about trying out Road Biking? That can be an expensive undertaking - and if you haven't ridden enough to know, absolutely, that you're going to do it, perhaps picking up a bike from me or someone else who is an S.O.B. might be a less expensive way to experiment.

Need a second bike? If you have a cruiser or commuter type bike and look with envy at those who veer off the beaten path, picking up a mountain bike from an S.O.B., like me, might be a way to get off the trail cheaply. Or maybe you're a Roadie and would like a "Dutchie" to tool around on, just for fun. If I don't have one handy, I can build one in short order.

S.O.B.'s like me? We serve a purpose.


Ndinombethe.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I love that you are a saver of old bikes but I love it even more that you are a S.O.B :) INgenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean is a S O B too... As our garage FULL of bikes can attest. Now the boys are all "oooh, I saw a back wheel in a bush! We hafta go and get it!"

    We need another garage...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicest S.O.B. I've ever read about! Great concept. Congratulations! When I did PR for a children's hospital, we had a volunteer in town known as the Bike Man who gave countless numbers of hours of service and immeasurable joy to our patients by donating a bike when they were released. It was a special program uniting something that would have been tossed to someone who could use some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to be a regular here. Going to check out the FB group. (P.S. I have three bikes. I only like one of them, but that's OK.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Truthful Mommy: Thank you - it just seemed to jump up and say "Here I am you S.O.B.".

    @Nan: Sean is quite a guy - and your three sons are three of my favorite people in the whole world who are not yet adults.

    Rajean: Maybe someday that'll work out - in the meantime, I'm still learning how this whole thing is supposed to work.

    Middle State: Join the group. Make a contribution.

    ReplyDelete

Real people don't spam. Word verification demonstrates you are a real people.