Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1000 MILES

In the last month I have put 1000 miles on my scoot.  Most of those miles have been in excess of 55 miles per hour - many at 70.  I am averaging 74 miles per gallon overall.  Wow.

This weekend I am going to flush the coolant, again.  Change the engine oil, again.  Check the gear oil level and color - and change it, if necessary, again.  And I plan to take the drive train apart and clean the pulley that the engine drives (it's called a Variator) and check the clutch.

I have been pushing this vehicle hard.  If I'm going to continue pushing like this, I will need to make sure that maintenance is constant and appropriate.  After all, this horse is my ride to work.

By the way - I call my bike "Coot Scoot".

Ndinombethe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real people don't spam. Word verification demonstrates you are a real people.